The workplace is a sensitive environment where multiple problems can arise. Acknowledgement of a problem, taking charge of it and dealing with it in a timely manner can make all the difference.
Considering that the parties will often need to continue working together, mediation provide an excellent alternative. The flexibility of the process and it’s timeliness, it’s confidentiality and the ability to freely express oneself that mediation can create, makes it an instrument of choice within the workplace context.
The use of workplace mediation is an excellent means to settle differences regarding:
- Disputes between employees
- Disputes between an employee and (a member of) management
- Disputes regarding working conditions
- Disputes following dismissal or suspension
- Disputes with regard to termination other than outright dismissal
- Psychological harassment